Parent Notification Letter From Mary Ann Wood
Please click here to to read a letter regarding Accelerated Learning Academy's academic achievement and growth.
GED Subject Area Passing Scores Lowered to 145, Is Retroactive
Effective immediately, the passing score for each GED subject area is now 145 instead of 150, in most states. This means if a student achieves a score of 145 or higher, they have passed that subject area. The updated score levels will be reflected in a tester's score report located at the GED Testing Service by March 1, 2016, but until then testers should know that if they score 145 or higher, they have passed and there is no need to re-take that test subject.
Additionally, on March 1, any test taken since January 1, 2014 with a score between 145 -149 will be automatically updated to show that a student passed. Students who have credentialed as a result of this change will receive their credential soon after March 1.
Please visit the GED Testing Service for more information.
The Salt River Accelerated Learning Academy is kicking off its Tenth year.
Again, the ALA will offer four different dual-enrollment programs leading to college credits and certification in three areas. Students can choose to participate in Cisco and A+ Computer Hardware and Software, Child Development Associates, or Certified Nurse’s Aide. Students can also participate in Intro to Culinary classes for college credit. The ALA staff pride themselves on providing one-on-one assistance and mentoring to all students in a community-college like environment. The ALA staff knows that all students can achieve their high school diploma when they commit to making education a priority.
General Information about ALA:
- ALA students typically are 17 to 22 years old and have a school completion deficit of typically about one year and half year
- However, with guidance and assistance students show determination to obtain their high school diploma and move forward in their education.
- Students choose to attend the ALA from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM or 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- However, the ALA is open until 7:00 PM for students who want to spend extra time completing courses.
- The ALA accepts students throughout the year, although sometimes students are placed on a waiting list due to capacity constraints.
- Interested students should turn in applications as soon as possible to minimize their wait time.
Salt River Schools Board Meetings: Click HERE
Teacher Education/Experience Request
In accordance to ARS 15-183-F Salt River Schools as available for inspection all charter school certified teacher’s educational and work experience related to their particular academic content subject matter.
Inspection of documents can be viewed upon written request to the Human Resources Department , ATTN Director of Human Resources. For more information, contact the HR Department at 480-362-2515 .